The village is built amphitheatrically in a mountainous area called Katara.
More information about Metsovo
Katara is a steep mountain which belongs to the mountain range of Pindos.
Metsovo is an unspoilt traditional village which is a typical representation of what we call traditional settlement. It is a lively village all year round which offers visitors so many beauties all in one place, something which cannot easily be found in other tourist destinations.
Metsovo is the village of the infamous benefactors Tositsas, Stournaras, Averof etc. Especially during the winter season this famous village has a lot to offer. The foggy and rainy weather creates a really magical scenery which looks like a painting.
All of your senses will be pleased after a visit to Metsovo as you can:
- - See art and culture introducing you to the living tradition of the area.
- Tour around the tiny cobbled alleys of this stone village and see the traditional houses which are decorated with red tile roofs and plants creating a spectacular contrast between grey and natural colours.
- Admire the two-storey mansions with their traditional wooden doors.
- Drink crystal clear water from the stone drinking fountains and taste some of the most famous local dishes.
- Ski at the ski resort of Metsovo and the nearby village Anilio which are both near mountains and rivers creating an astonishing view.